Presenting last month’s most notable new music
- Genre – Alternative Singer-songwriter
- From – Seattle, WA
- Fav Tracks – Queen, Grid
- Recommended Tracks – Queen, Fool, No Good, My Body, Don’t Let Them In, Grid, Longpig, Too Bright
Mike Hadreas is already known for his biting lyrics, but this time they get treated to production, bass and synth by Portishead’s Adrian Utley.
- Genre – Alternative Pop
- From – Chicago
- Fav Tracks – Diamond Light Pt. 1, Low Key, Summer Noon
- Recommended Tracks – World Away, Diamond Light Pt. 1, Low Key, Summer Noon, New Moon
Wilco’s Jeff Tweedy creates a stripped down sound with his son on drums.
- Genre – Alternative Dance
- From – London
- Fav Tracks – NEW DORP NEW YORK, The Light
- Recommended Tracks – NEW DORP NEW YORK, The Light, Temporary View, Problem (Solved), Gon Stay
Collaboration is the successful method to his madness for masked producer Aaron Jerome (this album features Jessie Ware, Ezra Koenig, Sampha and A$AP Ferg).
- Genre – Alternative Pop
- From – Sudan; Ohio; New York City
- Fav Tracks – How We Be, New Name
- Recommended Tracks – How We Be, New Name, Young Trouble, Moonstruck, Mean Love, Hold Tight, Galley Boys
Ahmed Gallab has worked with more well-known indie acts like Caribou and Eleanor Friedberger, but his solo work has remained somewhat under the radar. This, his 4th solo album, proves to be another genre blending affair with plenty of shout outs to his wide ranging influences (African beats, funk, rock n’ roll, country, 80’s singer-songwriter, 60-70’s Bubblegum Pop just to name a few).
- Genre – Indie Pop
- From – Denver, CO
- Fav Tracks – Never Work For Free, I’m Callin
- Recommended Tracks – Never Work For Free, I’m Callin, Viv Without the N, Solar on the Rise
Sparkling pop with a heavy influence from the 1980’s.
- Genre – Electronic, Alternative Dance
- Fav Tracks – A Place Called Space, A Simple Design
- Recommended Tracks – A Place Called Space, Love Stops Here, Running Back To You, I’ve Waited So Long, A Simple Design
John MacLean and Nancy Whang team up for some dance floor action.
- Genre – Electronic, Experimental Techno, House
- From – Bristol, England
- Fav Tracks – Red Sex
- Recommended Tracks – Red Sex, Euoi, Anima, Black Leaves, Kin to Coal, Punish Honey, DPM
Vessel is the electronic subgenre blending work of Sebastian Gainsborough. This set includes physical, industrial sounds weaved with nervously energized electronic sounds. The artist used homemade instruments to record most of the album. The album cover artwork is also striking.
- Genre – Experimental Techno
- From – England
- Fav Tracks – minipops, 4 bit 9d, 180db
- Recommended Tracks – minipops, 4 bit 9d, 180db, aisatsana